Monday, January 26, 2015

Sriracha Lime Chicken

This past weekend was absolutely awesome. It was my first two day weekend since  probably September! I can't tell you how nice it was to have two days off of work in a row. On Saturday I kept thinking that I was going back to work on Sunday and then I would remember I wasn't :)

Overall my weekend was full of yummy clean eating, working out and errands. I went to the gym with a friend which I loved. It's nice to have an accountability partner. We both did some intervals on the treadmill of walking on incline and sprinting, hit the weights and finished up with abs. Saturday night I was invited to a work function of one of my other friends. The theme was Mexican food, one of my many weaknesses. So, I was really proud but I ate some ground turkey wraps before I went. Everyone said the food was fantastic but I was still full from my much healthier meal!

Sunday was a relaxing day consisting of the gym, Barnes and Noble shopping (my favorite) and then making a dinner. I have a lot of cilantro, onion, carrots and bean sprouts left over from my ground turkey lettuce wraps so I wanted to use some of it. Thankfully I stumbled on to a recipe and changed it up a bit! I combined cilantro, sriracha, olive oil, lime for a marinade. The marinade and chicken were baked in the oven with the carrots, bean sprouts and a zucchini added to make a really delicious meal! The only problem was that I wished I had made more for leftovers. I usually do meal prep on Sundays and make big batches of food but my freezer was getting too full so I figured I better eat some of my leftovers in there first before making more!

XO


No comments:

Post a Comment